Thursday, October 13, 2005

Smoke Free DC

Why can't the City Council put out a decent smoking ban?? DC, which prides itself on being sooo progressive, is falling way behind on this. It's not that DC voters or bar patrons don't want it.

Talk about beholden to special interests! A few well-heeled smokers, the tobacco industry and the NRA (Natl Restaurant Assoc.) are scaring bar owners that they will go out of business if this passes. New York, California, Delaware, Illinois, Montgomery County, MD, etc. can all attest to how false these fears are.

I, for one, would be much more likely to go out to bars if I weren't afraid of how crappy I know I will feel the next day. After going out to bars in SF, I know it's not the alcohol that gives me the hangovers!

Come on, Carol Schwartz! I've supported you for years. It's time to give up this fight and listen to the voters.

DC Poll

A great organization to support this fight:
Smoke Free DC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home